We are pleased to support a number of community organizations. Each year, the utility selects a group (or groups) to make worthy contributions that will help meet a need in the community.
This year we have made contributions to the following organizations:
- Diggers Hotline Meeting held at Juneau Community Center
- Police Department for the CounterAct Program
- Bottled water for Juneau Augustfest
- Juneau Recreation Department for new scoreboard
- Dodge County Humane Society
- Dodge Centre Historical Society
Our involvement in the Community
Being part of the community we serve is a role that Juneau Utilities takes seriously.
As a utility, we work hard to be an active participant by lending a hand in community service projects and offering various educational programs.
Each year, during Public Power Week, we give demonstrations to 4th-graders from Dodgeland School and to K-1st graders from St. John's School. These demonstrations include Pedal Power, a bike that is pedalled to generate enough power to turn lights on, and PowerTown, a tabletop "town" alerting the audience of the dangers of electricity.